If you want to get out and about when you have children, then you are probably going to need to invest in a stroller. Simply nipping to the local grocery store, or taking your older children to school, cannot be done without the aid of a stroller, so it makes sense that you need to buy the best one for your needs from the start.
The market is flooded with different makes, models, colours, sizes, and shapes, and deciding which is best for you can be a rather difficult decision. You’re spending a fair amount of money on this particular piece of kit, so research, thought, and shopping around is definitely needed. Make sure you do your research on a reputable site, I recommend thestrollersite.com.
You need to think about your needs first of all, and you need to then find a product which fits your requirements. Here are a few features you need to think about:
- Can you attach a car seat? If you regularly drive around, then an easy attachment will be required.
- Does it recline? Most do, if truth be told, but you need to have this feature in order to settle your baby to sleep when you’re out for long walks etc.
- Can it easily be folded up to fit in a car trunk/when travelling? You don’t want to be juggling a baby, bags, and doing battle with a stubborn stroller when you’re trying to board a plane or load up your car trunk at the supermarket.
- Will you be using it for more than one child? You can obviously buy double or even triple strollers, which have different arrangements.
- How heavy is the stroller? You can buy lightweight products, which make it easier to push, however these can often feel ‘flimsy’ too – you need to look for quality here.
- Where do you live? If you live somewhere which has difficult terrain, i.e. not a tarmacked road, then you need a stroller which has bigger tyres, something which is much sturdier; if you live somewhere which is paved, and no hills or curbs are involved, then you can get away with something lighter.
- Familiarise yourself with the types of strollers on offer – you can buy car seat strollers, travel systems, lightweight strollers, double and triple strollers, the list goes on. Find the one which suits your needs best.
- Can you find the same make and model somewhere else cheaper? Price comparison websites will help you here, because any money saved at this point is a bonus.
- How easy is the stroller to push? Test it out in store first, and find out if you can push it without having to put major effort into the action.
- Does the stroller meet all safety regulations? It’s important to keep your little one safe and secure.
These are just a few considerations you need to think about when you look to buy a new stroller. Everyone’s requirements are different, so it makes sense that there is such a wide range of choice on offer. Shop around and find the best product for you, before you make your final decision.